PastBook, an Amsterdam-based startup on a mission to help people preserve and relive memories – awarded as one of the hottest startups by Wired 2 years in a row – is looking for a Data Scientist.
Position: employment full time in our Amsterdam office
The successful candidate is data-driven: she/he will turn data into information, information into actionable insight, and insight into business decisions which he/she will help to execute.
The Data Scientist will work directly with the Head of Growth to help support the growth of the company. S/he will help with the development, execution, management, and tracking of all marketing channels.
The main focus initially will be data and research, analyzing our large amounts of data to draw conclusions that will help us understand our customers and consequently increase revenue.
The position will require both a quantitative and qualitative skill-set and an obsessive attention to detail. The right candidate will have a positive attitude and a desire to learn in a fast-paced environment. The role requires a high level of organization skills and ability to handle large amounts of data.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to help us grow
- Explore and analyze datasets with tools like Excel, Online Dashboard tools
- Support the Head of Growth with all marketing channels and growth activities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Basic experience with paid advertising channels (Facebook, AdWords)
- Basic knowledge of SQL (and eager to learn more)
- Google Analytics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy.
- Innate interest in learning about customers behavior through both numbers and qualitative data
- Eager to learn more and more every day
- Cohort analysis, LTV-analysis
Nice to have:
- Basic HTML skills
- Basic Tableau skills (or other similar tools)
- You will be working in a fast-growing startup environment, together with a team of young professionals, passionate about photography and technology
- Rapid professional and personal advancement
- Beautiful office in the center of Amsterdam (Leidseplein)
- Extremely friendly and informal environment
- Good Italian coffee every day and monthly events :)
If you think we are a good match, please apply at [email protected]
Check out our Job Applicant Privacy Notice